The degree programme focuses on the study of biological processes in the human body, disease mechanisms, prevention measures, treatment, and strategies of medical assistance to the patient. The graduates can be employed in various healthcare institutions.
The goal of the programme
Provide clinical skills and knowledge necessary to care for patients and their families, to train highly qualified professionals who can compete in the market of medical services.
Benefits of the programme:
The Institute of Medicine has a modern research and educational infrastructure: the anatomy centre, simulation clinic, accreditation centre, clinical and diagnostic centre, classrooms with 3-D screens.
Upon completion of the degree programme, students will be able
- to carry out preventive and regular medical examinations;
- to collect and analyze medical data on general health indicators;
- to diagnose diseases and pathological conditions of patients;
- to provide primary medical health care to outpatients and hospital patients;
- to provide medical assistance in emergency situations, including participation in medical evacuation;
- to keep medical records;
- to organize and carry out a medical expert evaluation;
- to conduct research and fulfil applied tasks in diagnostics, treatment, rehabilitation and prevention.
The programme curriculum includes many courses devoted to the study of biological processes in a human body; signs and symptoms of diseases and their prevention and treatment; as well as skills and techniques required for the provision of medical care. Students study over 70 disciplines including biology, biochemistry, anatomy, histology, normal physiology, pharmacology, obstetrics and gynecology, therapy, surgery, pediatrics, neurology, psychiatry, rehabilitation, and others. The programme is taught in English.
Duration of the Programme
Language of instructionEnglish
InstituteInstitute of Medicine
Courses & Study Load
Number of ECTS value of the programme - 360
History, physics, foreign language, propaedeutics of internal diseases, bioethics, mathematics, psychology and pedagogy, intermediate level therapy, work-related diseases,
history of medicine, chemistry, Latin, advanced therapy, endocrinology, law, IT in medicine, biology, therapy for out-patients, philosophy, biochemistry, anatomy, neurology, neurosurgery, economics, microbiology, virology, histology, embryology, cytology, dermatovenerology, immunology, regular physiology, psychiatric, medical psychology, pathological anatomy, clinical-pathological anatomy, pediatrics, pathological physiology, clinical pathophysiology, infectious diseases, medical genetics, phthisiology, topographical anatomy and surgery, radio diagnostics, valeology, emergency medicine, general surgery, hygiene, intermediate level surgery, urology, epidemiology, hospital surgery, pediatric surgery, pharmacology, traumatology, orthopedics, public healthcare, healthcare economics, otolaryngology, forensic medicine, ophthalmology, physical education, dentistry, oncology, radiotherapy, gynecology, clinical pharmacology, medical rehabilitation, anesthesiology, intensive care, intensive therapy.
History of Medicine in Koenigsberg-Kaliningrad, bioorganic chemistry in medicine, the Russian language and culture of speech, urogenital tumors, topical issues of medicine and law, biophysics, general first aid, drug and alcohol abuse, medical physics, clinical anatomy, sectional course, mathematical methods in medicine, business communication training, rational pharmacotherapy in neurology and surgery, clinical and laboratory diagnostics, health psychology workshop, oncology, applied physical training, clinical immunology, perinatal medicine, pain management, modern transfusiology.
Professional Training / Internship:
Graduates of the Institute undergo professional trainings and internships in various hospitals and clinics, City Clinical Hospital of Emergency Medical Care, the Regional Perinatal Centre, maternity hospitals of the region, the Kaliningrad Regional Children's Hospital, and the University Clinic of Lübeck Germany).
• Normal Physiology
• Obstetrics and Gynecology
Professional Training / Internships
All internships are held at the main clinical hospitals and health care institutions of the Kaliningrad region, as well as at University clinics of the University of Lübeck (Germany) and Klaipeda University (Lithuania). The training is carried out in different formats like solving tasks in diagnosis, treatment, medical rehabilitation and prevention, as well as participation in professional competitions which allow the students to build a path for your professional development and find useful contacts for career growth.
• State Budgetary Healthcare Institution "Regional Clinical Hospital of the Kaliningrad Region"
• State Budgetary Healthcare Institution of the Kaliningrad region "Kaliningrad Central City Clinical Hospital"
• State Budgetary Healthcare Institution of the Kaliningrad region "City Clinical Hospital of Emergency Medical Care"
• State Autonomous Institution of the Kaliningrad region "Regional Perinatal Centre"
• State Budgetary Healthcare Institution "Maternity Hospital of the Kaliningrad Region No.1"
• State Budgetary Healthcare Institution "Children's Regional Hospital of the Kaliningrad Region"
• Federal Government Health Institution "Healthcare Unit of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs in the Kaliningrad Region"
• State Budgetary Healthcare Institution "Maternity Hospital of the Kaliningrad Region No.3"
• State Budgetary Healthcare Institution of the Kaliningrad region «City Hospital No.3»
• University Medical Center of the University of Lübeck (Germany)
• University Medical Center of Klaipeda University (Lithuania)
Upon completion of the degree programme, graduates can:
- work as general practitioners;
- continue training in residency
• In primary care (outpatient clinics) – a primary care physician;
• Or further studies in residency with a choice of 70 specializations:
- Aviation and Space Medicine;
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology;
- Allergology and Immunology;
- Anaesthesiology and Reanimatology;
- Diving Medicine;
- Pediatric Cardiology;
- Paediatric Oncology;
- Paediatric Urology-Andrology;
- Pediatric Surgery;
- Pediatric Endocrinology;
- Infectious Diseases;
- Clinical Laboratory Diagnostics;
- Clinical Pharmacology,
Admission & Tuition
75 fee-paying places