The programme aims
Train qualified surgeons having universal and professional competencies and capable of independent professional work in Primary Care, Urgent and Emergency Care, and Special Care, including High-tech Medical Care.
The Institute of Medicine has modern research and educational infrastructure.
Upon completing the Programme, you will be able to:
- identify risk factors for a particular surgical condition, to make recommendations on its prevention and treatment;
- carry out objective clinical examination, identify common and specific symptoms of a surgical condition
31.08.67 . Surgery.
Duration of the Programme
Language of instructionRussian
InstituteInstitute of Medicine
Courses & Study Load
ECTS credits: 120
Core Courses: Surgery, Public Health and Healthcare, Emergency Epidemiology and Hygiene, Microbiology, Teaching, Oncology, Transfusiology, Endoscopic Surgery, Transplantation.
Simulation Training in Surgery and Simulation Training in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation are delivered at the Simulation Clinic, the Certification Centre of the Centre of Postgraduate Education and Simulation Training of the IKBFU
Professional Training / Internships
- Regional Clinical Hospital of the Kaliningrad region
- Central City Clinical Hospital
Upon completion of the programme, a graduate can:
- work as a surgeon;
- continue training in a chosen specialty joining a PhD programme