The programme aims
Train qualified cardiologists having universal and professional competencies and capable of independent professional work in Primary Care.
The Institute of Medicine has modern research and educational infrastructure.
Upon completing the Programme, you will be able to:
- interpret the results of diagnostic tests, including ECG, endoscopy, cardiovascular ultrasonography, etc.;
- evaluate the accuracy of an electrocardiogram;
- conduct Holter monitoring and interpret its results;
- provide first aid treatment of urgent conditions.
Duration of the Programme
Language of instructionRussian
InstituteInstitute of Medicine
Courses & Study Load
ECTS credits: 120
Core courses: Cardiology, Public Health and Healthcare, Emergency Medicine, Cardiology Emergencies, Teaching, Pathology, Functional Diagnostics, Ultrasound Diagnostics, Gerontology, Geriatrics.
Simulation Training in Cardiology and Simulation Training in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation are delivered at the Simulation Clinic, the Certification Centre of the Centre of Postgraduate Education and Simulation Training of the IKBFU.
Professional Training / Internships
- Regional Clinical Hospital of the Kaliningrad region
- Central City Clinical Hospital
Upon completion of the programme, a graduate can:
- work as a cardiologist
- continue training in a chosen specialty joining a PhD programme