The programme aims
Train highly qualified specialists in Germanic languages capable of introducing scientific and educational innovations.
The programme adopts various technologies including linguistic ones that are widely used in different information systems, digital humanities tools including software, electronic resources and online resources.
Upon completing the programme, you will have:
- the system of linguistic knowledge, including knowledge of basic phenomena at all levels of the language, specific linguistic laws, and styles;
- the ability to apply scientific methods, methodological and theoretical foundations of Germanic Philology;
- the ability to conduct independent research in Linguistics and Germanic Philology;
- the knowledge of theoretical and methodological fundamentals required for successful research and teaching in the chosen field of science.
45.06.01. Linguistics and Literary studies. Germanic languages.
Duration of the Programme
Language of instructionEnglish
Courses & Study Load
ECTS credits: 180
- History and Philosophy of Science,
- Foreign Language
- Scientific Research Methodology and Results Presentation,
- Current Problems of the Field,
- Germanic Languages,
- Research Seminar,
- Current Problems of Learning and Teaching in Higher Education.
- RESEARCH AREA
- main stages of Germanic languages history and development;
- historical development of Germanic languages dialects;
- development of linguistic systems of Germanic languages;
- corpus researches of Germanic languages.
Admission & Tuition
State-funded applicants (Russian nationals and Russian speaking applicants from the CIS countries) are expected to take the following exams:
- Germanic Languages
- Foreign language