The programme aims
Identify relevant educational objectives of the subject taking into account the current socio-cultural and economic framework specifically information society and global communication; to explore academic disciplines' potential for education and development, including IT-based ones; to explore professional orientation potential of secondary school curriculum; to perform axiological analysis of various subjects on different educational stages.
The programme adopts various technologies including pedagogical ones widely used in different educational systems, digital humanities tools including software, electronic resources and online resources.
Upon completing the programme, you will be able to:
- apply the knowledge of the fundamentals of independent scientific research on the Theory and Methodology of the Subject Teaching (scientific approaches to Foreign Language Education development process, the relationship between Theory and Methodology of Teaching and Practice; Research Methods for Education);
- progress to careers in Education, Vocational Training and Further Education and Training.
44.06.01. Education and Pedagogical Sciences. Theory and methods of training and education (foreign languages).
Duration of the Programme
Language of instructionRussian
Courses & Study Load
ECTS credits: 180
Core courses: Scientific Research Methodology and Results Presentation; Current Problems of the Field; Theory and Methods of Education and Teaching; Research Seminar; Current Challenges in HI Teaching and Learning, Modern Foreign Language Education Technologies.
- The Methodology of the Subject Education.
- Aims and Values of the Subject Education.
- Technologies for Quality Ensuring and Assessment in Subject Education.
- Theory and methods of extracurricular training and educational work on the subjects.
Admission & Tuition
State-funded applicants (Russian nationals and Russian speaking applicants from the CIS countries) are expected to take the following exams:
- Foreign Language Teaching Methods and Theory
- Russian language