The programme is designed to provide knowledge of conducting experimental microbiological studies, of integrated approach to the analysis of cellular structures, genetic systems, transport mechanisms, metabolism, regulation, and behaviour.
The programme aims
Train highly qualified specialists in Microbiology capable of introducing scientific and educational innovations.
Advantages of the programme
- The programme is delivered in cooperation with partner-companies.
- Students have the opportunity to study for free at leading EU universities within the framework of international cooperation and exchange programs.
- Students can choose any research base in the world to carry out a R&D project.
Upon completing the programme, you will be able to:
- design and carry out integrated and interdisciplinary research;
- participate in the work of Russian and international research teams to address scientific and educational tasks;
- carry out R&D work in the professional field independently;
- apply up-to-date knowledge of Microbiology to carryout R&D and obtain research results.
06.06.01. Biological Sciences. Microbiology.
Duration of the Programme
Language of instructionRussian
Courses & Study Load
ECTS credits: 240
Core courses: Microflora of Natural Substrates, Geoinformation Systems in Microflora Studies, Microbiology, Environmental Problems and Protection, Mathematical Methods in Biology, Laboratory Techniques.
Professional Training / Internships
Teacher training of PhD students is designed to develop teacher-researcher skills, including the ability to use state-of-the art information search and interpretation tools. PhD students shall conduct seminars, give lectures, and supervise project work of students.
Graduates shall have professional skills required for work in:
- Science and Education;
- Food industry;
- Analytical and Testing Centres;
- Regulatory and Supervisory Authorities;
- Expert Laboratories.
Admission & Tuition
State-funded applicants (Russian nationals and Russian speaking applicants from the CIS countries) are expected to take the following exams:
- Foreign language