The Programme aims
Provide students with knowledge and competences in line with the market requirements for professional management of complex social processes, structures, and systems.
A research facility – IKBFU's Sociological Laboratory, an extensive network of collaborations for completing internships, opportunities to study modules delivered in English by experts from leading universities.
Upon completing the Programme, you will be able to:
- hold senior positions at sociological centres ad departments;
- work as analysts and consultants to public authorities, recruiting agencies, and PR and marketing departments;
- carry out research at educational and research institutions;
- use current sociological and marketing research methods;
- work with advanced software for sociology.
This course will allow you to learn more about the field of social relations in consumer society. You will be able to gain knowledge in the areas of psychology of customer behavior, marketing communications, and research in the field of media sociology. That will allow you to understand the society and culture of the relationship of marketing integration with the demands of society. The Master's Degree in consumer behavior, culture, and marketing is a one-of-a-kind program that combines consumer psychology with sociological research and analytical methods. The training is fully adapted to the strategic business context, which makes it possible to generate and implement ideas, having a real impact on the company's net profit.
Duration of the Programme
Language of instructionRussian
InstituteInstitute for the Humanities
Courses & Study Load
Number of ECTS credits: 120
Basic disciplines: research methods and data processing technology, network analysis for social sciences, GIS technology for social sciences, sociology for management, sociology for mass communications, sociology of risk and uncertainty, sociology for marketing and management projects.
- Modern quantitative and qualitative methods of sociological research.
- Consumer behavior.
- Marketing and marketing research and communication
- Modern technologies and data processing packages in sociology.
- Sociology of mass communications
- Network analysis in social sciences
Professional Training / Internships
Students complete internships at the Kaliningrad Regional Duma, Government of the Kaliningrad region, Kaliningrad Sociological Centre, Kaliningrad Chamber of Commerce, Kaliningrad Monitoring Group, and political party offices.
Graduates are employed by
- consulting companies,
- advertising and PR companies and departments,
- public and municipal authorities,
- social analysis centres,
- research departments,
- marketing departments,
- national and regional research centres.
Admission & Tuition
Sociology, «Consumer behavior, culture and marketing»To enter a Master's programme applicants are required to take the following exams:
- Written exam (or a test) in the chosen field of study (100 points maximum)
- Foreign language (a pass or fail test)
We also accept international certificates of proficiency in English
Cambridge exam: PET, FCE, CAE, CPE; IELTS; TOEFL or
German: Goethe-Zertifikat A2, Goethe-Zertifikat Fit in Deutsch, Goethe-Zertifikat B1 / B2 , -Goethe-Zertifikat C1, Goethe-Zertifikat C2: GDS, test DaF, DSD B2 / C1, - telc A2 / B1 / C1 / C2, -ÖSD, -DSH.