The programme aims
Prepare students for a career in public administration, public policy research and analysis, and non-governmental and non-profit work.
Internships at public and municipal administration bodies, national and international academic mobility opportunities, master classes from leading experts, a focus on practical skills.
Upon completing the Programme, you will be able to:
- work at state and municipal administration bodies;
- perform consulting and analysis for political parties and executive and legislative bodies;
- carry out research and run projects;
- use political technology in election campaigns.
During the course of study, you will expand your knowledge of public policies and acquire the skills necessary to manage an organization. In addition to studying political science and analyzing the political development of Russia and foreign countries, you will gain fundamental knowledge in the field of management, learn how to organize and manage processes in government bodies, the apparatus of political parties and business structures
Duration of the Programme
Language of instructionRussian
InstituteInstitute for the Humanities
Courses & Study Load
Number of ECTS credits: 120
Basic disciplines: current trends in political science, the methodology for political research, political management and marketing, PR and GR communications, public and municipal administration, current political technologies, analysis, and organization for public authorities.
- Modern political management.
- Modern international relations
- Systems for evaluating the effectiveness of public administration
- Analysis and forecasting in policy research.
- State and municipal administration.
- Latest trends and trends in modern political science
- Elections and electoral technologies
Professional Training / Internships
Students complete internships at the Kaliningrad Regional Duma, Government of the Kaliningrad region, Kaliningrad branch of Russia's Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and Kaliningrad City Council.
Political scientists are employed by
- public and municipal authorities,
- political parties,
- liaison offices of public authorities and private companies.
Admission & Tuition
To enter a Master's programme applicants are required to take the following exams:
- Written exam (or a test) in the chosen field of study (100 points maximum)
- Foreign language (a pass or fail test)
We also accept international certificates of proficiency in English
Cambridge exam: PET, FCE, CAE, CPE; IELTS; TOEFL or
German: Goethe-Zertifikat A2, Goethe-Zertifikat Fit in Deutsch, Goethe-Zertifikat B1 / B2 , -Goethe-Zertifikat C1, Goethe-Zertifikat C2: GDS, test DaF, DSD B2 / C1, - telc A2 / B1 / C1 / C2, -ÖSD, -DSH.