The Programme provides advanced training for law enforcement officers and trains new specialists for regional law enforcement agencies. It seeks to ensure continuity of legal education, improve the quality of regional law enforcement practices, increase crime investigation efficiency, and enhance cooperation between law enforcement agencies.
The Programme aims
Train qualified specialists in criminal law and criminal procedure.
A crime scene simulation room and a forensic laboratory.
Upon completing the programme, you will be able to:
- contribute to the protection of public, municipal, and other types of ownership;
- uphold law and order and ensure security of the person, society, and state;
- protect rights of citizens and uphold public order;
- provide legal advice;
- examine laws and regulations;
- prevent, suppress, detect, and investigate crimes.
During the course of study, you will master the theory and practice in the field of criminal procedure law, criminology, criminology, as well as a number of disciplines of the criminal law cycle. With that knowledge, you will be able to form a systematic understanding of modern criminal law, as well as master the necessary skills and methods of law enforcement to protect the rights of participants in criminal proceedings.
You will gain the professional knowledge and skills required to implement the criminal law and criminal procedure activities, as well as develop professional competencies required to become a high-class lawyer.
Duration of the Programme
Language of instructionRussian
InstituteInstitute of Law
Courses & Study Load
ECTS programme value: 120 credits
Core disciplines: current problems of criminal law and criminology; current problems of criminal procedure and forensics; the concept of crime and criminal defenses; perpetrator and mental element in crime; current problems of penalty imposition and execution; law of evidence in criminal proceedings; protection of individual rights in a criminal investigation; special knowledge in criminal proceedings.
- History of political and legal doctrines
- Comparative law
- Current problems of criminal law and criminology
- Problems of prevention of organized and corrupt crime in Russia
- Technical and forensic support for crime investigation
- Situational modeling in criminal law enforcement
- Problems of the law of evidence in criminal proceedings
Professional Training / Internships
- Kaliningrad Regional Court,
- Kaliningrad Regional Bar Association,
- Kaliningrad Regional Prosecution Office,
- Department of Internal Affairs,
- Kaliningrad Regional Investigation Department of Investigative Committee.
Graduates are employed by law enforcement agencies, prosecution offices, investigative authorities, courts, and forensic services.
Admission & Tuition
To enter a Master's programme applicants are required to take the following exams:
- Сriminal law of the Russian Federation
- Foreign language (a pass or fail test)
We also accept international certificates of proficiency in English
Cambridge exam: PET, FCE, CAE, CPE; IELTS; TOEFL or
German: Goethe-Zertifikat A2, Goethe-Zertifikat Fit in Deutsch, Goethe-Zertifikat B1 / B2 , -Goethe-Zertifikat C1, Goethe-Zertifikat C2: GDS, test DaF, DSD B2 / C1, - telc A2 / B1 / C1 / C2, -ÖSD, -DSH.