The educational programme provides students with modern approaches to studying and explaning life of society and the individual, and specific ways of development in European and North American countries.
The goal of the programme
- train highly qualified specialists competitive in history of European and Nordic regions
- expand the student's competence in historical research through a multidisciplinary approach.
Benefits of the programme
Accreditation of the National Center of Public Accreditation
Upon completion of the degree programme, the students will be able:
- to be aware of particular development ways in the developed countries of Europe and North America;
- to understand the local issues of global processes;
- to explore the Baltic regional developemtn features;
- to master the basics of global and regional geographic research
During the course of study, you will learn more about world trends in the museum sector and about the world of contemporary art and modern museum practices. You will be able to develop your managerial skills by discovering new approaches to research, working with museum audiences, and gaining knowledge in the history of foreign and Russian art, art theory, and aesthetics, along with the basics of PR and marketing in the cultural sphere. You will also learn more about such topics as the practical aspects of working with museum projects, the basics of fundraising, exhibition-related activities, producing public programs, and curating work. This knowledge will allow you to effectively organize museum projects and educational courses.
Duration of the Programme
Language of instructionRussian
InstituteInstitute for the Humanities
Courses & Study Load
Number of ECTS - 120
The students get trained in: challenges in European and North American history in the modern and contemporary times; Russian historiography of modern history; The Baltic region in the history of international relations in the modern and contemporary times; social history of Europe and the United States in the XVII - early XXI century; wars in modern history; political parties and movements of XIX-XX centuries.
Professional Training / Internship:
Research, teaching, and other internships are carried out in the university.
- Art history
- Art theory and aesthetics
- Museum studies
- Economics and finance in the field of culture
- PR and marketing of museum projects
- Exhibition-related activities
- Digital space of the modern museum
The graduates will be able to work in:
- In education: colleges and universities;
- In culture: museums, libraries and archives;
- The mass media and communications.
Admission & Tuition
History, «Production and curatorship of museum projects»To enter a Master's programme applicants are required to take the following exams:
- Written exam (or a test) in the chosen field of study (100 points maximum)
- Foreign language (a pass or fail test)
We also accept international certificates of proficiency in English
Cambridge exam: PET, FCE, CAE, CPE; IELTS; TOEFL or
German: Goethe-Zertifikat A2, Goethe-Zertifikat Fit in Deutsch, Goethe-Zertifikat B1 / B2 , -Goethe-Zertifikat C1, Goethe-Zertifikat C2: GDS, test DaF, DSD B2 / C1, - telc A2 / B1 / C1 / C2, -ÖSD, -DSH.