The Programme aims
- Train competent specialist in basic and applied sociological studies, secondary and higher education, public and municipal administration, human resource and corporate management, and marketing and advertising
- Training highly qualified professional sociologists for work in regional, Russian and international companies and organizations involved in analytical, consulting, research and educational activities
- We teach modern methods of digital sociology on the processing of social, demographic, economic and other relevant empirical information using a wide range of sources.
- Accreditation with the National Centre of Public Accreditation
- A research facility - IKBFU's Sociological Laboratory. Academic mobility opportunities for senior year students.
Upon completing the Programme, you will be able to:
- use current sociological and marketing research methods;
- work with advanced software for sociology;
- perform social modelling and forecasting;
- work as a consultant to public and municipal authorities;
- apply social technology and management skills.
39.03.01 . Sociology. Sociology of Management.
Duration of the Programme
Language of instructionRussian
InstituteInstitute for the Humanities
Courses & Study Load
Number of ECTS credits: 240
Core courses: quantitative and qualitative research methods, social planning and forecasting, sociology of mass communications and PR, public and municipal administration, advanced data management technology and packages, mathematics and mathematical modelling for sociology, social technology for management, social statistics and demography, advanced information technology for sociology, consulting to public authorities
Professional Training / Internships
Students complete internships at the Kaliningrad Regional Duma, Government of the Kaliningrad region, Kaliningrad Sociological Centre, Kaliningrad Chamber of Commerce, Kaliningrad Monitoring Group.
Graduates are employed by
- consulting companies,
- advertising and PR companies and departments,
- public and municipal authorities,
- social analysis centres,
- research departments,
- marketing departments,
- national and regional research centres.
Admission & Tuition
State-funded applicants (Russian nationals and Russian speaking applicants from the CIS countries) are expected to take the following exams:
- Social studies
- Russian language
Fee-paying applicants are expected to take: