The programme aims
Train simultaneous and consecutive interpreters and translators.
Students gain excellent command of foreign languages. They are introduced to the basics of translation and interpreting.
Upon completing the Programme, you will:
- comprehend the source language and apply this knowledge to render the message as accurately as possible in the target language;
- have in-depth knowledge and understanding of your working languages and the required range of language registers;
- have knowledge of subject areas and relevant terminology;
- have excellent communication skills;
- have active listening skills;
- have good memory retention skills;
- have sufficient skills and knowledge to study the structure of foreign languages.
45.03.02. Linguistics, «Translation and translation studies (German and a second foreign language of choice - English/French/Swedish/Polish/Spanish)»
Duration of the Programme
Language of instructionRussian
InstituteInstitute for the Humanities
Courses & Study Load
Number of ECTS credits: 240
Core disciplines: basics of linguistics, first foreign language practice (English, German, French), second foreign language practice (English, German, French, Spanish), lexicology, theoretical phonetics, stylistics, theoretical grammar, history of language, history and culture of England/Germany/France, practical grammar of the first foreign language, cultural linguistics, written communication, pedagogy and psychology, multimedia in teaching foreign languages, professional terminology, basics of cross-cultural communication theory.
Schools of Kaliningrad and the Kaliningrad region.
Graduates are proficient in two foreign languages, which makes them eligible for employment by:
- schools, secondary vocational education institutions, and preschools,
- Russian and international tourist companies;
- organisations providing linguistic support.
Admission & Tuition
State-funded applicants (Russian nationals and Russian speaking applicants from the CIS countries) are expected to take the following exams:
- Foreign language
- Russian language
Fee-paying applicants are expected to take: