The Programme aims
Train qualified and sought-after lawyers for public agencies, local authorities, public institutions, companies, and non-profits.
The Institute of Law has all the equipment and facilities necessary for obtaining high-quality education. Students gain practical experience at the Institute's Law Clinic and the Centre for International and European Law.
Upon completing the programme, you will be able to:
- prepare legal documents;
- make and justify decisions in line with official duties;
- take actions to ensure implementation of legal norms;
- uphold law and order and ensure security of person, society, and state;
- ensure protection of private, public, municipal, and other forms of property;
- contribute to prevention, suppression, detection, and investigation of crimes and promotion of civil order.
Duration of the Programme
Language of instructionRussian
InstituteInstitute of Law
Courses & Study Load
Number of ECTS credits: 240
Law students study natural sciences, the humanities, and socioeconomic disciplines.
Core disciplines: theory of state and law, history of state and law in Russia, constitutional law, civil law, criminal law, civil procedure, criminal procedure, labour law, financial law, international law, criminology.
Professional Training / Internships
Students complete internships at the following public and municipal agencies, private companies, and non-profits:
- Kaliningrad Regional Court;
- Kaliningrad Regional Commercial Court;
- Kaliningrad Regional Constitutional Court;
- Kaliningrad Regional Administration of Justice Department;
- Kaliningrad Regional Administration of Ministry of Internal Affairs;
- Kaliningrad Regional Investigation Office of Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation;
- Kaliningrad Office of Federal Tax Service;
- Kaliningrad Office of Federal Service for State Registration, Cadastre, and Cartography;
- Kaliningrad Regional Customs of North-Western Customs Administration;
- Government of the Kaliningrad Region; Kaliningrad City Administration;
- Kaliningrad Regional Election Commission;
- Kaliningrad Bar Association;
- Kaliningrad Notary Chamber;
- Kaliningrad Office of Sberbank.
Graduates are employed by public agencies, municipalities, private companies, and non-profits specialising in legal matters.
Admission & Tuition
State-funded applicants (Russian nationals and Russian speaking applicants from the CIS countries ) are expected to take the following exams:
- Social studies
- Russian Language
Fee-paying applicants are expected to take: