The programme trains general cultural and professional competences, which enable students to develop their creativity in producing an aesthetically expressive spatial environment.
The goal of the programme
Provide good pracrical skills and knowledge necessary to compete in the professional market.
Benefits of the programme
- Highly qualified, professional faculty with a good degree of creativity.
- The courses are taught with a maximum immersion in the creative and technological aspects of the process of creating design objects. The vast amount of classroom time is devoted to practical classes and laboratory research.
Upon completing the programme, the students will be able to:
- carry out an artistic modeling and sketching;
- use skills of forming the composite layout and 3D-modeling;
- operate information technology, various kinds of fine arts and graphic design.
- carry out complex design projects, and develop substantive information systems based on the methodology of design and artistic activities;
- demonstrate knowledge of the basics of engineering design;
- apply technologies of design and modeling;
- apply methods of ergonomics and anthropometry.
54.03.01. Design. Graphic design.
Duration of the Programme
Language of instructionRussian
InstituteInstitute of Environmental Management, Urban Development and Spatial Planning
Courses & Study Load
The Degree programme ECTS value - 240 credits
Core courses: History, philosophy, foreign language, descriptive geometry and technical drawing, propaedeutics, drawing, painting, design, basics of production skills, life safety, physical education, art history, history of science, design and technology, chromatics and coloring, paper-plastic modelling, copyright, advertising technologies in the design, basics of design graphics, plastic modeling, typography, printing technology, psychology of perception of color, design character, 2-D illustration, 3-D illustration, drawing, painting (sketches), graphics technology, photographics, architectural physics, architectural design of materials, technical drawing, 3-D visualization, restoration, interior equipment and public facilities
Professional Training / Internships
Kaliningrad regional public organization for support and promotion of collective and individual creativity "Art Community"; Ltd. Production Center "Art Star"; Kaliningrad Art Gallery; «XEROX» Office Equipent Center.
The professional activity area for graduates includes:
creating an aesthetically expressive spatial and architectural environment, systems and complexes; developing information space, integrating design and artistic, scientific and educational activities aimed at creating and improving the competitiveness of domestic products, development of the economy, raising cultural level and quality of life; artistic education.
Admission & Tuition
Design, «Multimedia design and animation», «Graphic design»State-funded applicants (Russian nationals and Russian speaking applicants from the CIS countries ) are expected to take the following exams:
- Pictorial art
- Russian language
Fee-paying applicants are expected to take: