The programme aims
Train highly qualified specialists in analysis and design of living systems.
Students enrolled in this Programme can study free at a leading EU university on a semester basis. A student can choose a specialization within an individualized educational trajectory.
Upon completing the Programme, you will be able to:
- choose means and methods of work, work on the experimental facilities, and prepare equipment;
- participate in the biomonitoring and environmental assessment, plan and implement environmental protection measures;
- participate in control of biological production processes;
- obtain biological material for laboratory tests.
06.03.01 . Biology.
Duration of the Programme
Language of instructionRussian
InstituteInstitute of Living Systems
Courses & Study Load
ECTS credits: 240
- Embryophyte and Vertebrates
- Plant Biotechnology and Genetics
- Earth Sciences
- Plant Cells and Tissues
- Plant Protection
- Methods and Trends in Plant Biotechnology
Professional Training / Internships
Types of training: educational and industrial.
- Bio-Ecology and Biodiversity Unit of the Institute of Chemistry and Biology of the IKBFU,
- Biological station of the Atlantic Branch of the Shirshov Institute of Oceanology of the RAS,
- Dom Ohotnika Lodge Hotel of the Kaliningrad Regional Association of Hunters and Fishermen, Dolzhanskoe, Krasnoznamensky District,
- Sosnovka, Polessky district,
- Lesnaya Polyana tourist centre, Gastellovo, Slavsky district
- NO FOBR tourist centre, Lesistoe, Nesterovsky district
- Otradnoe, Zelenogradsky district
Internships are conducted either at the IKBFU's facilities, including the LSI's laboratories and Botanical Garden of the IKBFU, or in other entities (research institutions, biological and ecological stations, national parks, hunting associations' field bases), and in Training and Resource Center of LLC "Kalinkovo"
Bachelor of Biology has a wide range of career opportunities:
- industrial ecologist;
- ecologist in supervisory and regulatory authorities;
- environmental specialist;
- biologist in a clinical diagnostic laboratory;
- head of a testing or expert laboratory.
Graduates can pursue career in:
- food industry;
- biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical industries;
- agricultural businesses and authorities;
- supervisory and regulatory authorities;
- biology teaching.
Admission & Tuition
State-funded applicants (Russian nationals and Russian speaking applicants from the CIS countries) are expected to take the following exams:
- Russian language
Fee-paying applicants are expected to take: