The IKBFU starts the new academic year amid the coronavirus pandemic. But the learning process will be going on in accordance with the Rospotrebnadzor recommendations (Rospotrebnadzor is the Russian Federal Service for Surveillance on Consumer Rights Protection and Human Wellbeing). Read more in the article below.
Anna Tishetskaya: “IKBFU will switch back to in-person learning at the beginning of this academic year”
What will the new academic year be like for professors and students?
- Since the first of September all students and staff required to wear masks. Masks will be handed out to students and professors
- The IKBFU will switch back to in-person learning at the beginning of this academic year
- Supervisors will be checking on students wearing masks
- It is required that students always wear masks when at the University, professors may take a mask off when giving a lecture
- Disinfection solution dispensers will be installed at the campus
- Remember to keep social distance
Will there be a mixture of both in-person and online training this year?
- The learning process will be carried out both online and in-person.
- Only lectures that can’t be given in-person will be given online
Should students from other Russian regions come to Kaliningrad, will they be able to attend classes?
- Classes for students of all programmes start on the 1st of September
What about the international students who can’t get to Kaliningrad because the borders are closed?
- International students will have special learning conditions organized for them
How long can mask mode and other forced restrictions last?
- It depends on how long the pandemic will last
To what extent has the coronavirus pandemic contributed to the development of digital technologies in education?
- The pandemic proved the vast potential of IT in education, making it possible to establish a remote connection between a professor and a student.
You may read the full script of the interview here
Information for International Students
Dear international students, the IKBFU team cordially congratulates you on the beginning of a new academic year! You may find important information on the autumn term of 2020-2021 in the memo below:
- The Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University’s International Office will inform you when the Russian Government allows arrival on study visas. Until then all classes will be held online.
- You may learn more about online courses in your personal account lk.kantiana.ru. Information regarding the modified schedule for first-year international students will be updated soon.
- International students that are currently in Russia will start in-person classes on the 1st of September 2020.
- At the time of entry, it is necessary to have a certificate of a negative result of PCR-testing for COVID-19, conducted not earlier than 3 days before arrival in the Russian Federation. Certificates must only be in Russian or English, in other cases a certified translation is required.
- All international students arriving in Kaliningrad undergo a 14-day quarantine at a location provided by the university. After 10-12 days students undergo a PCR-test for COVID-19. If the test result is negative, the students are sent to a permanent place of residence (a dormitory or private address) for the duration of their studies. During the two-week quarantine, international students will study remotely.
- A two-week quarantine period and a negative PCR-test for COVID-19 are required to attend classes in person.
- Full information is available on the IKBFU official website kantiana.ru, as well as in international students groups in social networks:
A personal account is a digital service created to make it easier for students to search for information regarding classes, schedule, outdated payment, it also makes filing documents way easier and faster and has many more functions.
Educational resources system of the IKBFU
Automated information system for the evaluation of academic performance and quality of education of the IKBFU.