Open Doors: Russian Scholarship Project is your chance for early admission to a tuition-free Master's programme at one of the leading universities in Russia.
About usThe Olympiad is organized by The Association of Global Universities, in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation and the Federal Agency for the Commonwealth of Independent States Affairs, Compatriots Living Abroad, and International Humanitarian Cooperation (Rossotrudichestvo).
The competition is aimed at talented foreign students who would like to enroll in a Master's programme in Russia for free.
The winners of the Open Doors are granted a free early admission at any Russian university, without entrance examinations and with tuition fees covered by the Russian Federation.
The competition winners will be able to enroll in the Master's programme using a single window system, choosing any of 500 Russian universities, including 21 leading universities-participants of the 5-100 Project.
The language of instruction is English or Russian depending on the chosen Master's programme and the university.
The competition is held online in two rounds: a portfolio competition followed by a problem-solving round.
Participation is open to graduates with a Bachelor or a Specialist degree from any university in the world (except Russian).
Fedorov Alexander Alexandrovitch
Rector of IKBFU
I have great pleasure in welcoming all participants of the International Olympiad "Global Universities." Russian education is generally open to the world: the number of foreign students is increasing in our universities every year. Students from 43 countries are currently studying at Kant Baltic Federal University at various levels. Our university has the latest scientific, educational and sports infrastructure to make the learning process effective and interesting. Welcome participants and winners of the Olympic Games "Global Universities"!
Welcome to Russia, Kaliningrad, IKBFU!
Schedule1. October 5th, 2019 - Registration- Hurry up to register and fill out all the information you need to participate in the Open Doors.
2. October 8th - December 18th, 2019 - Portfolio filling - Prepare your portfolio. All research papers, certificates, awards and honors that you have ever received are of value. Please include all achievements in the selected subject area in your portfolio to increase your chances of success.
2. December 18th, 2019 - Deadline for portfolio submission - You will not be able to edit your portfolio after the deadline. While waiting for the result of your portfolio review, you can use a system of automatic assessment to estimate your approximate score. The system will be available in your personal account.
3. December 19th - 29th, 2019 - Grading of the portfolios
4. December 30th, 2019 - Announcement of the portfolio competition results
5. January 15th - 30th, 2020 - Final round - Winners of the portfolio competition are welcome to participate in the final round in the selected subject area.
6. January 15th - February 9th, 2020 - Grading of the final round of the competition
7. February 10th, 2020 - Announcement of the final round results
8. February 11th - 18th, 2020 - Appeal process
9. February 20th, 2020 - Announcement of the Open Doors winners