Linguistics «Translation and interpreting»
The Programme aims to train highly qualified specialists in simultaneous and consecutive interpretation and translation.
Students gain an excellent command of foreign languages. They are introduced to the basics of translation and interpreting.
Upon completing the Programme, you will:
- comprehend the source language and apply this knowledge to render the message as accurately as possible in the target language
- have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of your working languages and the required range of language registers
- have knowledge of subject areas and relevant terminology
- have excellent communication skills,
- have active listening skills
- have good memory retention skills
- have sufficient skills and knowledge to study the structure of foreign languages.
45.03.02. . Linguistics. Translation and interpreting.
Duration of the Programme: 4 years.
Programme type: Full-time.
Language of instruction: Russian.
Institute: Institute for the Humanities.
Courses & Study Load
Number of ECTS credits: 240.
Core disciplines: general linguistics, first foreign language practice (English, German, French), second foreign language practice (English, German, French, Spanish), lexicology, theoretical phonetics, stylistics, theoretical grammar, history of language, history and culture of England/Germany/France, history of translation, cultural linguistics, written translation from the first foreign language, theory of translation, multimedia for translation, professional terminology, basics of cross-cultural communication theory.
Professional Training / Internships
Kaliningrad branch of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Department of International and Intermunicipal Relations of the Kaliningrad City Council
Baltkran, Kaliningrad Zoo
World Ocean Museum
Students participate in the Erasmus+ academic mobility programme.
Graduates are proficient in two foreign languages, which makes them eligible for employment by:
Russian and international companies,
Admission & Tuition
State-funded applicants (Russian nationals and Russian speaking applicants from the CIS countries) are expected to take the following exams:
Fee-paying applicants are expected to take:
Darya ILINA, Degree Programme Manager
Tel. + 7 4012 595 595 (3501)
Languages: Russian, English