Functionalized Magnetic Materials for biomedicine and nanotechnology center
Laboratory of coherent-optical measuring systems
Director: Alekseenko Igor V., PhD in Physics and Mathematics
The research work of the laboratory of coherent optical measuring systems is aimed at the development of the following methods and techniques:
Methods for measuring and monitoring of macroobjects dynamic conditions associated with oscillatory processes and non-stationary changes (discontinuities, damped oscillations, surface or shock waves)
Method of multifunctional optical microscopy combined with spectroscopic techniques
Optical monitoring technology for cellular storting and measuring the degree of cell interaction;
Optical tomography technique, that will allow for visualization of the tissue structure volume without a biopsy,
Holographic microscopy, holographic interference measurement for stress parameters analysis, strains, fatigue of materials;
Methods of low-coherence holographic microscopy which allow to study cell structures, to register and localize their individual organelles and conduct dynamic research of cell photoprocesses.
The staff of the laboratory of coherent-optical measuring systems consists of experts in the field of coherent phototonics, physical methods of microstructural study.
The most important results include the following:
Development and design of new methods of recording and optical informetion processing algorithms information, allowing for analysis of oscillating processes for non-destructive inspection tasks;
Development and design of digital holographic interferometry, including endoscopic monitoring and measurement;
Development and design of methods for registration and shifting of biological objects surface points - bone tissue to obtain information about the dynamic deformation of the object in the gap area;
Development and design of the measuring method for the observation and measurement of dynamic deformations of alloying or welded metal parts due to their cooling;
Development of highly sensitive holographic method for monitoring moving parts of Micro Electro- Mechanical Devices (MEMD);
Development of innovative nondestructive testing method for thermo-mechanical measurements in aircraft structures.
The research in the above-mentioned areas resulted in articles published in the central Russian and international academic editions, including Optoelectronics magazines, Instrumentation and Data Processing, Applied Optics, Radiophysics and Quantum Electronics, Proceedings of SPIE, Optical Engineering, Optics Express, Optoelectronics, Nanosystems: physics, chemistry , mathematics, etc..
Laboratory is provided with modern laser systems INNOLAS, COHERENT, PLASMA. Laser systems can operate both in the continuous and pulsed modes of radiation (wavelength range from infrared (1064 nm) to ultraviolet (266 nm)). Also, the laboratory has modern digital means of recording optical information, which differ in sensitivity to radiation range, resolution and image capture rate.
The complex of examining oscillatory processes by digital holographic interferometry.
The complex includes a holographic interferometer, a digital camera (1380h1080 pixels), the vibration excitation system, solid-state laser Verdi V18 power of 18 W at a wavelength of 532 nm. Process can be observed in real time. The whole system is organized in LabView software and hardware. Examined frequencies range up to 10 kHz.
Digital Holographic Microscope.
The complex includes a holographic interferometer, a digital camera (4872 x 3248 pixels), imaging system, a solid-state 50 mW laser with a wavelength of 532 nm. Process can be observed in real time. Reconstruction of the image, phase and the difference in phases. The whole system is organized in LabView software and hardware.
The optical tweezers.
High-speed digital camera ReaLake MotionPro. The framing rate is from 5000 per second. Pixel pesolution is 512x512.
High-resolution digital Pulnx, Allied Vision cameras of visible, near infrared and ultraviolet ranges.
Сadmium laser helium of 15 mW, 320 nm, 440 nm, 45 mVt power.
The pulse laser of 1064 nm, 532 nm, 266 nm, 213 nm. Pulse repetition rate up to 50 Hz
Optomehanics Standa, Thorlabs.
Pukharev Sergey I. - Master student; E-mail: SPukharev@stud.kantaina.ru
Kozhevnikova Anastasia M. - Master student; E-mail: AKozhevnikova@stud.kantiana.ru
1. Pedrini G., Schedin S., Alexeenko I., Tiziani H. J., Use of endoscopes in pulsed digital holographic interferometry, Proc. SPIE, 4399, 2001
2. Pedrini G., Alexeenko I., Gusev M., Tiziani H. J., Vibration measurements of hidden object surfaces by using holographic endoscopes, Ancona, Proc. SPIE, 4827, 2002
3. V. A.Vorobyev, O.B.Vitrik, M.E.Gusev, M.F.Bukayev, A.N.Malov I.V.Alexeenko, E.V.Kuzmina, N.N.Soboleva, Y.I.Vitrik, Y.N.Vigovsky, V.V.Levit, N.V.Qutyakova, S.N.Malov S.V.Antonyuk, Holographic and mathematical modeling methods for biomechanical stomatological investigation, Proc.SPIE Vol.5129, 2003.
4. M.E.Gusev, G.Pedrini, I.V.Alexeenko, H.J.Tiziani, A.N.Malov, Application of stroboscopic and double-pulse holographic interferometry to frequency-bounded vibrational investigation, Proc.SPIE Vol.5129, 2003
5. Pedrini G., Alexeenko I., Tiziani H. J., Pulsed endoscopic digital holographic interferometry for investigation of hidden surfaces, Trondheim, Proc. SPIE, 4933, 2003
6. Georges M., Pauliat G., Alexeenko I., Pedrini G., Lemair P., Roosen G. Advances in pulsed holographic interferometry with photorefractive crystals, Proc. SPIE, 5503, 2004
7. Zaslansky P., Pedrini G., Alexeenko I., Osten W., Friesem A., Weiner S., Shahr R., Static and dynamic interferometric measurements used to determine mechanichal properties of cortical bone, Proceedings of the 12 international conference on experimental mechanics, Bari, Italy, Edit: Pappaleterre C., 2004
8. Alexeenko I., Pedrini G., Zaslansky P., Kuzmina E., Osten W., Weiner S., Digital holographic interferometry for the investigation of the elastic properties of bone, Proceedings of the 12 international conference on experimental mechanics, Bari, Italy, Edit: Pappaleterre C., 2004
9. Pedrini, G., Alexeenko, I., Zaslansky, P. , Osten, W. , Tiziani H. J., Digital holographic interferometry for investigations in biomechanics, 8th International Symposium on Laser Metrology Macro-, micro-, and nano-technologies applied in science, engineering, and industry, February 14 – 18, 2005 Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
10. Pedrini G., Tiziani H. J., Alexeenko I., Digital-holographic interferometry with an image intensifier system, Appl. Opt., 41, 4, 2002
11. Pedrini G., Alexeenko I., Osten W., Tiziani H. J., Temporal phase unwrapping of digital hologram sequences, Appl. Opt., 42, 29, 2003
12. Pedrini, G., Alexeenko, I., Osten, W., Gepulste digitale Holografie für Schwingungsmessungen an schwer zugänglichen Oberflächen (Pulsed Digital Holography for Vibration Measurement of Inner Surfaces, Technisches MessenVolume:72 Issue:3/2005March 2005
13. G. Pedrini, I. Alexeenko, W. Osten, and U. Schnars, On-line surveillance of a dynamic process by a moving system based on pulsed digital holographic interferometry, Appl. Opt., 45, 5, 2006
14. V.Gurevich, A.Isaev, M.Gusev, I.Alexseenko., Portable digital holographic system for industrial non-destructive testing. “Proceedings of Third International Forum “Holography in Russia and abroad. Theory and practice”, Moscow, 26-28 September, 2006, pp. 52-55
15. M.Gusev, I.Alexeenko, G.Pedrini. Research of periodic and non-stationary processes by digital holographic interferometry. Proceedings of Forth International Forum “Holography in Russia and abroad. Theory and practice”, Moscow, 25-27 September, 2007, pp. 125-128
16. V. Gurevich, V Redkorechev, M. Gusev, I. Alexeenko. 4D-Digital holographic interferometry as a method for investigation of the dynamic of design. Proceedings of Forth International Forum “Holography in Russia and abroad. Theory and practice”, Moscow, 25-27 September, 2007, pp. 122-125
17. I. V. Alekseenko, M. E. Gusev, Measuring metal plate vibration by digital stroboscopic holographic interferometry of focused images, Optoelectronics, Instrumentation and data processing, V44, Number 1, pp. 83-87 (2008)
18. V.S.Gurevich, V.I.Redkorechev, A.M.Isaev, V.E.Gaponov, M.E.Gusev, I.V.Alekseenko, Melnikov V. А., Kalinin V.А. Application of digital holographic interferometry for measurements of nano-displacement fields. Proceedings and official materials of Fifth International Conference “Holography in Russia and abroad. Theory and practice”, St.Peterburg, 1-2 July 2008, pp. 100-105
19. M.E. Gusev, I.V. Alexeenko, V.S.Gurevich, The applying of high-power solid state lasers and high-speed machine vision cameras for investigation of dynamic deformation by using multiexposition holographic interferometry, Proceedings and official materials of Fifth International Conference “Holography in Russia and abroad. Theory and practice”, St.Peterburg, 1-2 July 2008, pp. 189-192
20. I. V. Alexeenko, M. E. Gusev, Direct determination of displacements in high-speed multiexposed holographic interferometry, Proceedings and official materials of Fifth International Conference “Holography in Russia and abroad. Theory and practice”, St.Peterburg, 1-2 July 2008
21. M.E.Gusev, A.A.Voronin, I.V.Alekseenko, V.S. Gurevich. Application of Digital Holographic Interferometry for Measurement of Transient Deformations with nanometric accuracy. Proceedings of Sixth International Conference “Holography. Science and practice”, Kiev, Ukraine, 1-2 July, 2009, pp. 61-64
22. I. Alexeenko, M.Gusev, V.Gurevich. Separate recording of rationally related vibration frequencies using digital stroboscopic holographic interferometry., Applied Optics, v. 48, 18 , pp 3475-3480, (2009)
23. J.-F. Vandenrijt, C. Thizy, I. Alexeenko, I. Jorge, I. López, I.S. de Ocáriz, G. Pedrini, W. Osten, M.Georges, in: Electronic Speckle Pattern Interferometry at Long Infrared Wavelengths. Scattering Requirements, Fringe 2009 – 6th International Workshop on Advanced Optical Metrology, Stuttgart, September (2009)
24. M.E. Gusev, A.A. Voronin, V.S. Gurevich, I.V. Alexeenko. Modern methods of registration, reconstruction and representation of results in digital holographic interferometry. Proceedings and official materials of the conference “Holography. Theory and practice” and 27th Coherent optics and holography school, Moscow, 28-30 September 2010, p. 83
25. I. Alexeenko, J.-F. Vandenrijt, M. Georges, G. Pedrini, C. Thizy, W. Osten, B. Vollheim, Digital holographic inzerferometry by using long wave infrared radiation (CO2 laser), Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vs. 24-25, pp. 147-152 (2010)
26. Giancarlo Pedrini, Igor Alekseenko, Wolfgang Osten, Joao Gaspar, Marek E Schmidt, Oliver Paul, Measurement of nano/micro out-of-plane and in-plane displacement of micromechanical components by using holography and speckle interferometry, Optical Engineering, V. 50, 101504 (2011)
27. M. Wilke, I. Alekseenko, G. Situ, K. Sarker, M. Riedel, G. Pedrini,
Osten, Remote laboratory for digital holographic metrology, Proc.
SPIE, vol. 2082 (2011)
28. Korner, K. , Pedrini, G., Alexeenko, I., Steinmetz, T., Holzwarth, R., Osten, W. Short temporal coherence digital holography with a femtosecond frequency comb laser for multi-level optical sectioning Optics Express,Volume 20, Issue 7, 26 March 2012, Pages 7237-7242
29. Körner, K. Pedrini, G.,Alexeenko, I.,Lyda, W. Steinmetz, T. Holzwarth R, Osten, W. Multilevel optical sectioning based on digital holography with a femtosecond frequency comb laser Proceedings of SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering, Volume 8430, 2012, Article number 843004
30. Charles Joenathan, Giancarlo Pedrini, Igor Alekseenko, Wolfgang Osten Novel and simple lateral shear interferometer with holographic lens and spatial Fourier transform Optical Engineering, Volume 51, Issue 7, July 2012, Article number 075601
31. Igor Alexeenko, Jean-François Vandenrijt,Giancarlo Pedrini,Cédric Thizy,Birgit Vollheim, Wolfgang Osten, Marc Georges Nondestructive testing by using long-wave infrared interferometric techniques with CO2 lasers and microbolometer arrays Applied Optics / Vol. 52, No. 1 / 1 January 2013
32. Vandenrijt J-F, Thizy C., Alexeenko I., Pedrini G., Rochet J., Vollheim B., Jorge I., Venegas P., Lopez I., Osten W., Georges M. "Mobile speckle interferometer in the long-wave infrared for aeronautical nondestructive testing in field conditions", Optical Engineering, Vol. 52, 10, 2013.
33. Pedrini, G., Alexeenko, I., Osten, W. Interferometrical techniques for the investigation of dynamic events Proceedings of SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering 8769 , art. no. 876915, 2013
34. Morawitz, M., Hein, N., Alexeenko, I., Wilke, M., Pedrini, G., Krekel, C., Osten, W. Detection of transport and age induced damages on artwork: An advanced concept Proceedings of SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering 8790 , art. no. 879004, 2013
35. Georges, M.P., Vandenrijt, J.-F., Thizy, C., Alexeenko, I., Pedrini, G., Vollheim, B., Lopez, I., Jorge, I., Rochet, J., Osten, W., Combined holography and thermography in a single sensor through image-plane holography at thermal infrared wavelengths, Optics Express, Volume 22, Issue 21, 20 October 2014
36. Morawitz, M. , Hein, N., Alexeenko, I., Wilke, M., Pedrini, G., Krekel, C., Osten, W, Optical methods for the assessment of transport and age induced defects of artwork, , Fringe 2013 - 7th International Workshop on Advanced Optical Imaging and Metrology 2014, Pages 951-955
37. I. V. Alekseenko and M. E. Gusev, Digital holographic interferometry of a wide spectral range in the systems of nondestructive testing of dynamics of micro-and macrosystems, Radiophysics and Quantum Electronics, Vol. 57, Nos. 8–9, January, 2015